AZ CCW Course
Arizona Defensive Firearms Training
Leader in Concealed Carry Training since 1994
with questions or concerns
Applicants must meet the following ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS in order to receive your AZ CCW Permit.
* be a resident of this state
or a United States citizen;
* be twenty-one years of age or older;
* not be under indictment for a felony offense;
* not be convicted of a felony offense, unless the conviction has been expunged, set aside, vacated or pardoned, or the individuals right to possess firarms has be restored AND the individual must not be a prohibited possessor under state or federal law.
* not suffer from mental illness and been adjudicated mentally incompetent or committed to a mental institution;
* not be unlawfully present in the United States;
* satisfactorily complete our 2Hr or 4Hr course (posted above) or any other approved program pursuant to ARS §13-3112.N.
You are NOT REQUIRED to be an Arizona Resident in order to btain the AZ CCW Permit.
The Following Subject Matter is Covered:
Rules for Safe
Note: Cost of Course does not include AZ DPS Permit processing fee of $60. which is submitted by applicant upon completion of course. You may obtain your AZ CCW Application Packet from AZ DPS Concealed Carry Weapon Permit Unit by calling 602.256.6280
Defensive Firearms Training
Division RB Investigations (RBI)
428 E. Thunderbird Rd. #103
Phoenix, AZ 85022
Continuing legislation regarding handgun/firearm laws in all states is a known factor and can lead to change and/or modifications in the present state laws, including but not limited to Reciprocity between states. Also consider the possibility of certain states either adding or removing states from their list of approval when new bills/laws have been ushered in by certain states. It is your responsibility to remain informed on which states recognize your state issued permit(s) prior to entering another state. You may find reference to state gun laws and requirements at various websites on the internet, such as http://handgunlaw.us, however keep in mind that the aforementioned website holds strong disclaimers on accuracies cited in their content. Therefore, it is our suggestion that you contact the state directly for their current handgun/firearm laws and restrictions. Neither